Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This old song is running through my head, non-stop...

And, it is oddly appropriate in more ways than one. There are 51 more sleeps until we board our flight. To Europe. And this song, by Europe, is counting down with me. Oh, the tasks left to complete before we leave. *head commences spinning on shoulders*

I tell you, it was much less work packing up to move from Yellowknife to Meadow Lake. But, then again, we had no children at that time. ;)

Ooooohhh! I just can't wait to get on that plane! It should be an interesting play list that develops, from now until the day we leave!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I clicked on the link, the window opened, then the music video started - making my poor cat jumped right out of her skin. Her nap near my computer speakers wasn't such a good idea, I guess.
But that was NOT a song I was expecting to be running through your head. I don't know why, exactly...

Joy said...

My music (re)collection can be kindly called eclectic. In the wake of Michael Jackson's death, a friend (the same age as I - 34 if anyone is wondering) asked if MJ was the soundtrack of my youth. And I had to answer no. I knew who he was, certainly, and was familiar with his music and had danced a jazz routine or two to his songs, but what was playing in my corner of rural Saskatchewan was a lot of the OLD country music, and a whole lot of METAL. So this is what I listened to on the school bus, thanks to the older boys on our bus route. My iPod is similarly diverse, and creates great consternation for some people when I put it on shuffle, and it flows from Andrea Bocelli, to Evanescence, to Santana, to Nine Inch Nails, with a couple of hops through current Top 40...

And I am sorry about your cat :( I hope she forgives you soon for the disruption. ;)

Beth said...

Well- you know how cats are... I'll have to make tuna offerings and let her sleep on my pillow for at least a week.
But it was kind of fun to hear the song- I hadn't listened to it in years.