Thursday, August 13, 2009
It has been a lot of fun, and sometimes silly, the pleasure with which we are decluttering the house prior to our stay in France. I must confess to a certain pleasure at throwing out some of the childrens' treasures (although I use the term loosely) on the sly, and giggling with Lloyd as we send garbage bag after yard sale bag, after storage box through the doors. Because if we were to do this purge of belongings while they were awake, there would be many tears and temper tantrums. But the thing is, not one pitched item has been requested to date. It is merely the thought of getting rid of it that inspires my children to tears and fits. And I have to wonder, are all children this posessive and obsessive, or merely mine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment