Thursday, April 2, 2009

Have passports, can now travel...

It is amazing that I can get anything done, sometimes. The story of procuring passports for our family is a lengthy one of procrastination and picture retaking. And the picture retaking comes with much tears from my oldest son, who HATES the flash from pictures, and whose eyes start to weep large crocodile tears immediately, and turn red.

One fine day in August, the family toddles down to a local photographer to get our passport pictures taken, and my, they turn out well! Then, I proceed to start filling out the passport applications, and discover that I missed reading the line, earlier, that stated that minor children need long form birth certificates. Whoops. I only had the regular, short form certificates for our children. So, off goes the application to Vital Statistics for the long forms, and we wait. And wait. And wait. The forms arrive two days after the children's pictures expired. You have to send in the passport application within a month of the photos being taken. *sigh* So, fast forward past school starting, Thanksgiving and Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's Day, to the beginning of March. Teary, red-eyed pictures are taken this time, because the flash is so bright. The applications are completed, with current pictures and long form certificates, and sent off. And we wait some more... And passports finally arrive in the mail!! YAY!! And my oldest says, "We can just go to France early now, right?"


(I am looking forward to travelling with these cuties!)

No comments: