Thursday, October 8, 2009

Puyselci

One lovely Sunday, not so very long ago, we took a little drive to the Bastide Village of Puyselci.



Aaaaand then the world according to Joy fell apart, and I am now finishing this post a month later! (Psst!!! I have some compromised sinuses, and a tendency to experience migraines that I want to give away. Any takers?? I'll even throw in a free supply of antihistamines, and Tylenol! So... No takers, huh? Darn it anyway. Well, I tried. ;p)

Back to the Bastides. A Bastide village is a fortified village, set up by a group of people that wanted protection, and didn't have a local castle to cozy up to. So, they apparently did it themselves. And it is beautiful. We walked around for a little while, and enjoyed the spectacular view. We will be going back to visit this charming village again very soon...


A l0ok up the walls from the road.


(Peering over the walls, dreaming...)


A look at the reinforcement on the corner of the wall.


Carson in the arrow slit of the walls. (It was amazing to me
how tiny those holes actually are. I forget how much larger people
are these days than they were several hundred years ago.
)


My children, climbing the walls, as they are wont to do!!

No comments: