Just to catch you up...
I am working on my posts about our trips to Carcassonne, and to the Viaduct in Millau. I am also playing with Flickr for these posts, because I have so. many. pictures. that I don't know how to stop! I am also fighting with a laptop that is getting slowly beaten into the ground, and sometimes goes on strike of its own volition. (When did it sneak out and join a union, anyway?) So, pretty pictures coming soon! (Hopefully.)
I am also drafting (in my head, where all things scary and twisted live) a post or two on my English-Canadian take on French culture, as compared with the French-Canadian culture.
Riley also has bronchitis again, and Margo is teething and miserable. We are also planning the boys' birthday parties that sandwich our trip to Legoland Germany on March 31st. Birthday party planning is not at all difficult, except when you try to limit the guest lists to manageable numbers, and your child hands out the invitations, and two other little boys ask "why not me?" and my heart starts to hurt and so we say, yes you can invite two more boys, and really? Why didn't we just invite all the boys in the first place, and then no one would have been left out, except for the girls that invited Carson to their parties. So, there is no winning, but I hope that the inclusion of these two last boys will be the balancing point of the birthday party fulcrum. I hope. We shall see at noon on Monday when we pick up the children for lunch.
I want a Kindle 2. Quite badly. I have pretty much run out of books that I am interested in reading, and want more, MORE, MORE!!!
*insert evil chuckle here!* I am now faced with having to pack up the
eleventy-hundred extra books that I picked up while I was here, so I
don't think that I will order any more, and the window of time in which
I can order reasonably priced English books is rapidly vanishing. (But I really want to catch up on the Rachel Morgan books by Kim Harrison!!) I think that, for the ease and comfort and portability of it all, not
to mention making it through Customs without them unpacking the 6 books
packed tightly in my carry-on, that apparently end up looking
suspicious, I can read electronically for a vacation or for an extended
visit somewhere else. Nothing beats paper books, but if the choice is
between 1500 ebooks, or not that many real books, I'll choose the
1500. Now, is someone has one that they can lend me for a trial run,
I'd be ever-so-grateful. ;p Thanks!
Now, if I can just train myself not to play on the computer, I might actually get the posts posted, and the parties planned, and the house cleaned, and our goods packed for home, and STILL have time to read all the reviews and opinions on the many different ereaders that I want, and perhaps?, maybe? order and read a couple more real books, too. Wish me luck with this, please? ;)
2 comments:
If you haven't read any of Kate Mosse's books (Labryinthe and Sepulchre), you would enjoy these -- all about the region where you are living!
Thanks, Anne! I'll check these out. :)
Post a Comment