Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Visit With My Little Sisters, Part 4. Shopping & Sightseeing, again!

On Thursday, Meghan, Laura and I caught the train into Toulouse, and went shopping!!  I had been waiting to take the train in for the day, and explore the shops and streets centered around La Place Du Capitol.  We lunched at Le Florida, and OH, it was delicious.  (They had the very best olives I have EVER tasted.  They were divine!)  We shopped and laughed and shopped and I ate the very best chocolate tarte that I have ever tasted.  Then we went to a library to find a bit of information for Meghan's report she was writing on a piece of Debussy's music.

On Friday, our whole family brought Meghan & Laura to one of our very favourite places in the area - Puyselci.  We've been here before, twice!  And each time, we take a different turn, and see something new.  We missed the parfumerie again (they are only open in the mornings), but the bakery was open, and we had a lovely lunch at the same place as our last visit.  Part of what I appreciate the most about Puyselci, is the unspoiled nature of it.  They are working very hard to restore the town, laying new cobbles and many other improvements, but it blends in well with the rest.  The commercial signs are so discreet, and are a part of the scenery.  They do not stand out like blinking neon signs.  I feel privileged each time I walk through the streets of Puyselci, knowing that I am walking across the end of someones driveway, and that the windows and shutters and flowers and yards are all private property, but if I walk gently and quietly and respectfully, I am allowed to share in the sense of timelessness that Puyselci stirs in me.  Laura and Meghan loved it, too.

While Lloyd was chatting with the owner of the pub where we had lunch, he learned that tourism in Puyselci generally starts in April, and continues at a brisk pace through September.  There are tourists year-round (like us!), but those are the peak times, and when the tourism office is open.  Perhaps we can make one more visit in April before we leave, and this time, have a guided tour with inside information and anecdotes about our favourite place to visit.

 
Joy, Laura & Meghan


  

  

  


 
We usually walk on this path, past the arrow slits, which the boys like to climb into and pretend to shoot invaders.  This time, the path down was blocked by construction, and as we walked a new path, I got to take a picture from this angle of the wall.  It is impressive, all over again.  :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE it! Wouldn't it be a great place to have a Renaissance faire?

Joy said...

It would absolutely be perfect!! This small community is so unspoiled, and my imagination runs away with me every time we are there.