I've been tagged!
This is my first game of bloggy tag, and I'm a bit excited... Don't snicker too hard at me, because I am already snickering and giggling my way through this. (At the end of long, crazy, busy weeks like these, when the housework is piled up, and I haven't had near enough sleep, I get a little giddy about fun, silly things, and I sometimes lose the filter between my mouth and my brain. Fun times!)
1. What are your current obsessions? I am currently/constantly obsessed with books. I am into the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. I am reading these again and again... I might have them memorized soon. ;p I tend to obsess the most about books, and food. My food obsession right now is curry, and cheesecake. (Not together! LOL!) I am eating way too much cheesecake, but it is goood. Also, right now, I can never download too much music through iTunes.
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear the most often? My new black T-shirt. It is feminine, and fun and makes me feel pretty!
3. What is your biggest pet peeve? Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in newspapers and books. That's what Editors and proofreaders are for, right?
4. Last thing you bought? Cheese, hamburger buns and patties, and Popsicles, for an impromptu BBQ dinner tonight with friends. It is finally warm enough in the evenings for the children to play outside after dinner without winter gear, and we sat in the house and listened to the six children play. (3 of mine, 3 of hers. Our husbands are both away right now.) We both marveled that our children are old enough to play without us hovering just on the side of the action. It can be nice as the babies grow up, although I miss the babies that my children were...
5. What are you listening to? Right now... blissful silence. (I am ignoring the hum of my computer... ;) The children are sleeping after a long, busy week, and I haven't put any music on yet.
6. If you were a god / goddess what would you be? I would be the Goddess of Procrastination. With particular emphasis on putting off household chores like folding the clean laundry (I like washing and drying it, just not the rest!), and putting things away. Related to the gig as Goddess of Procrastination, I would be a sub-Goddess of Reading... This is how I best practice my procrastination skills - by reading. Novels, magazines, blogs, cookbooks, children's books... if it has words, I'll read it!
7. Favourite holiday spots? I've had fun in Paris, Amboise, Ottawa, Revelstoke, Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Yellowknife, Meadow Lake, Lac Des Iles, Cypress Hills, Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw, and many other places in Canada. The common denominator to these favourite holiday spots? Being with my family and friends...
8. Reading right now? Bruno, Chief of Police by Martin Walker.
9. Four words to describe you? Interested, happy, reader, strong.
10. Guilty pleasure? Romance novels. *blush* They are my brain candy. Mental junk food. (You get the idea!) I used to hide them between my mattress and the box spring, so that no one would see what I was reading. But I own up to it now, so does this still qualify as a guilty pleasure??? Hmmm, I think so, because there is so much wonderful and historical and relevant literature in the world that I haven't even heard of, let alone read, that I feel guilty for not reading those books, instead of the fluff I do sometimes read these days.
11. Who or what makes you laugh? My children, my husband, my friends, and my pets. Occasionally, Monty Pythons movies make me laugh as well. ;)
12. Favourite spring thing to do? Jump in puddles. I suppose I should say I jump in puddles with my children, but I don't, always, wait for them. I also like to plant tomato plants, and stain decks and fences...
13. Planning to travel next? We are planning a couple of trips in our home province to visit friends and family, but our next big trip is to France! And while there, we are planning some other trips to keep us over stimulated and over budget! Legoland, in Denmark. Paris, and the Asterix & Obelix Theme Park, because my husband and I love these guys! And our children will learn to appreciate them. Whether they want to or not! ;) We are going to Britain, to meet not one, but (hopefully) two Aunties!! (I am so excited!!) And, I *hear* that there are many wonderful vinyards and so on in close proximity to where we're staying in France, so we'll be travelling to those places, too.
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? My friend's Greek couscous salad. And chocolate cheesecake. And strawberry punch with vodka. And the cheesecake that's hiding in my fridge right now...
15. Last time you were tipsy? Wednesday evening, I had a pretty strong buzz, that was thankfully short-lived. We took our two youngest out for dinner, and I ordered a glass of wine. Unfortunately, our two year old didn't last very long in the restaurant, and we had to leave to pick up our oldest child from a party anyway. I had to drink the almost full glass quite quickly, or leave it behind. I drank it quickly, and it hit me hard about 10 minutes later. Thankfully, it passed quickly. ;)
16. Favourite ever film? Dangerous Beauty. It was beautiful, romantic, and compelling...
17. Biggest life lesson you've learned from your kids? I can't take myself, or anything else, too seriously, because there is always, and I mean always, something to laugh about. Even in the midst of chaos, and anarchy, and devastation. We can laugh.
18. Song you can't get out of your head? Kung-Fu Fighting. My kids love to dance to this around the island in the kitchen, especially the two-year old. Funny!
19. Book that you absolutely love and want to encourage everyone else to read, too? Beauty: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast, by Robin McKinley. I enjoy reading this again and again. I'll be devastated if my daughter doesn't enjoy it, when she's old enough to read! ;)
Now to pass it on: I'll tag Kristin, and Emma. And anyone else who happens upon this little place of mine on the internet, and wants to play along!
Rules of the meme: Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag some people.)
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment